List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    [Kwrite-devel] problems with splitting
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-01-31 15:17:15

Since some time, I sometimes get bad crashes when attempting to split a frame
in kate.
I have not been able to figure out exactly when, and more improtantly, why,
this happens.
I can isolate it to the call to show() for new splitters in
kateviewmanager.cpp, KateViewManager::splitViewSpace(...).
If I move that call to the bottom of the function body, the crash moves along.

I do suspect that the problems with restoring frame configuration relates to
this, and I also do suspect that it relates to the buffer thingy somehow, but
I can not be sure. Is it possible to make the buffer thingy fully process a
document before KateDocuemnt::openFile() returns? If nothing else, this could
be a way to control if I am right in suspecting the buffer.

What I do not understand is why adding a view is affected by this at all. And
why show()ing a splitter (which also makes the view visible, as well as moves
the focus to it) should be affected.

Any help would be appreciated.

And btw, what is optimal for running gdb? "--enable-debug=full"? for both
kdelibs and kate, but what about qt?

-anders
--
Using konqueror for serious reading? try the rellinks plugin - available from
http://www.alweb.dk/rellinks.html