List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kwrite-devel] Session restoring
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-01-25 0:17:50

On Thursday 24 January 2002 17:45, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Am Thursday 24 January 2002 03:58 schrieb Anders Lund:
> > I have session restoring working, except for a problem related to the
> > buffer stuff: When trying to set the cursor/position of a view
> > immediately after opening it, and the cursor is below line 1024 or so,
> > and/or the Y position similarly large (1700 fails) kate crashes badly.
> >
> > I can adjust the cursor pos according to the imformaiton I can get from
> > document, but the DOCUMENT object should be more safe, and checking if it
> > is possible to set the cursor/view at the requested position before doing
> > so.
>
> Hmm, yes, it should perhaps error check such stuff I guess ;)

This is _only_ happens if it is the second view of the document.
_Very_ strange!

Anyhow, it is not good that view->readSessionConfig for a file with > 1000
lins fails to set cursor and bookmarks, which it does it there is only one
view nayway - but then it does not crash kate.

The delayed load of document lines must be done before
document->readSessionConfig() as well as before view->readSessionConfig(),
and adding a second view with it's own config should be possible.

I will just disable the restoreViewConfig functionality for now, so that I can
submit tomorrow.

Line numbers are working, I still need to set eventfilter for resize, and make
lines deleted from end of file to be cleared of the view. It flickers a bit
when dragging the yscrollbar, but maybe I can use a pixmap and bitbuild() -
that will be later though.

> About your hl dialog: it's even better than it looks on the screenshots,
> now the hl color/font settings are really easy to change and you have an
> overview about the colors of the current highlighting, great thingy, thx ;)

Thanks!
I will try to make it use the document font and bg colors as well. And OK,
I'll remove the uncommented code when i find a minute:)

Enjoy the mimetype chooser too - I will be using it for other jobs as well, so
I hope it can find a place where it will be available for other objects to
use.

-anders

--
The web is full of <things>: this was sent to me by a friend;-)
http://user.tninet.se/~prv247p/hatt/hatten.swf