List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kwrite-devel] Back to work :-)
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-01-24 0:09:06

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 15:48, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Am Wednesday 23 January 2002 10:59 schrieb Anders Lund:
> as release candidate is very close, please do the hl dialog first, the line
> numbers are nice, but if they don'T work until 28. it would be much better
> to have your great dialog (users are very confused by the current one) and
> a working session restore ;)

The hl dialog is now comitted, i'm working away on sessions... restoring now
works in the principle, but i have some things to clean up still.

Btw, due to the buffer stuff, it seems when viewmanager->openURL() reurns, the
document isn't fully opened. I can't restore bookmarks below line 1028 or
there abouts - BAD bad bad!!

as for release candidate: I see MANY crashes in KDE due to threads issues :(

> > A note:
> > Christoph, using kapp->processEvents() in the restore method of
> > KateViewManager currently == CRASH. I can't figure out why atm, but I see
> > a lot of thread related crashes in KDE atm, eg konqueror crashes
> > sometimes if I hit a toolbar button (my kdelibs and kdebase is from jan
> > 21)
> > Another thread related issue is, that a crashed app may leave unfinished
> > processes, which interfer with new instances in a very bad way. After a
> > crash i have to grep the process table for kate instances before
> > restarting to make things work sane.
>
> Just drop the kapp-**** stuff, it makes it look a bit better, but much
> slower, I thought I allready removed them all, I you find some, remove
> them.

Ok, uncommenting them.

> > A suggestion:
> > As far as I can see from the plugin manager code, having plugins
> > hidden/shown based on mimetype/extension/highlight would be rather easy,
> > a question of removing/adding the XMLGUIClient.
> > Maybe aditionally add a virtual void hideGUI( ) to the Kate::Plugin
> > interface, so that plugins creating other GUI elements could have a way
> > to hide those. This should be configuratble by the user, the plugin
> > manager page isn't so good anyway.
> > I think this would be cool, as eg hiding the openheader when the current
> > document is a HTML file would make sense, and as the number and size
> > (number of GUI elements) of plugins grow.
> > Let me know of any thoughts.
> > I could give this a try maybe tomorrow, if you agree.
> >
> > Another one:
> > Due to the things I'm working on at a longer sight - the project
> > framework, which will come out very nice eventually i hope - and a perl
> > toolkit plugin, offering checking, running and debugging perl
> > programs/modules I'd like to see the Mark feature evolve a bit. What I
> > want is some kind of a mark type management, so that an object could
> > request a mark type, possibly for a specific document type based on
> > mimetype/extension/highlight. Also very usefull for C/C++, Java, ...
> > debugger interfaces.
> > Idears anyone?
>
> There too ideas seems to be post 3.0 (because RC1 is at 28. 1.), but sounds
> good ;)

I'll see where I can get with other stuff first. Maybe for 3.1 - that can't be
too far in the horizon...

-anders

--
The web is full of <things>: this was sent to me by a friend;-)
http://user.tninet.se/~prv247p/hatt/hatten.swf