List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kwrite-devel] About Kate's speed
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2001-12-01 15:33:13

On Saturday 01 December 2001 11:49, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I got some complaints about Kate's speed on scrolling and paste/remove of
> much text.
>
> The paste/remove problem should now be mostly solved (have done some big
> speedup because now cursorpostions are only updated after all edit stuff
> has been done on great jobs, no flicker, no wait).
>
> But the scrolling is still slow :(
> Perhaps highlighting issue ? or paintTextLine ? ....

It may a problem with the painting of the iconborder, i can't remember exactly
how it used to look, but if oyu did not change it it is. In that case I have
the code that fixes it.

I also have the code to fix the cursor wrap problem.

-anders

--
The web is full of <things>: this was sent to me by a friend;-)
http://user.tninet.se/~prv247p/hatt/hatten.swf