List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Application for Forking UKUI-KWin from KWin
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-08-02 20:11:03

Hi Mouse Zhang,
It would be useful if you can make sure that when you move to Wayland,
you can move back to upstream KWin, would that be something you'd
consider?

If you outline what's necessary there for you, maybe we can work it
out to make sure you have all the features you need.

Simultaneous X11 and Wayland should be supported through Xwayland.

FWIW, I think the dependencies problem is mostly because of the
obsession some distributions have to split every package as much as
possible, but otherwise the stuff you get shouldn't be that big a
problem.

Best,
Aleix