List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Unity 3d ( The game engine, not the  ubuntu wm ) hides when use frameless setup
From:       Helio Chissini de Castro <helio () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-01-30 13:21:59

On Thursday 30 January 2014 13:32:29 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Thursday 30 January 2014 10:23:57 Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> > Hello all
> >
> > Our base system that is deployed in our touch table machines are KDE 4
> > with
> > Fedora system. We use basically only Qt Qml application, full screen
> > spanned on the dual screen setup, standard monitor and projection touch
> > screen. Recently we got required to run some applications built on
> > Unity3D and i stumbled on a specific issue only on kwin.
> >
> > The Unity runtime player has few options to handle window,
> > one of then is -popupwindow
> >
> > Situation is, despite been working fine on regular windowed mode, if we
> > use
> > the popupwindow mode it creates a frameless window centered on screen
> > which
> > simply hides itself when clicked with mouse or similar click iteraction (
> > touch table ), but application still runs on background.
> >
> > The same result not happens on bare X window or any other
> > compositor/window
> > manager.
>
> What is the expected effect? That the window stays there or that the
> application exits?

Stay there, because we need to iteract over the objects

> > I tried run kwin with several different flags, with software render,
> > without effects, and result is basically same.
> >
> > Is anyone have some ideas on a possible solution or something that we can
> > report to unity developers ?
>
> First thing I would like to see is xprop and xwininfo of said window.

Attacched here.
I uploaded a smaller sample of the runtime on drive.

> Cheers
> Martin

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
Software Engineer

_KDE_NET_WM_ACTIVITIES(STRING) = "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"
_NET_WM_DESKTOP(CARDINAL) = 0
WM_STATE(WM_STATE):
		window state: Normal
		icon window: 0x0
_NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) =
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_SPLASH
_NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS(ATOM) = _NET_WM_ACTION_MOVE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MINIMIZE, \
_NET_WM_ACTION_SHADE, _NET_WM_ACTION_STICK, _NET_WM_ACTION_FULLSCREEN, \
_NET_WM_ACTION_CHANGE_DESKTOP, _NET_WM_ACTION_CLOSE, undefined atom # 0x0, undefined \
atom # 0x0, _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_HORZ, \
_NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_VERT WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols  WM_DELETE_WINDOW
WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "C"
_KDE_NET_WM_USER_CREATION_TIME(CARDINAL) = 9139361
WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
		Client accepts input or input focus: True
		Initial state is Normal State.
		bitmap id # to use for icon: 0x0
		bitmap id # of mask for icon: 0x0
WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
		user specified location: 0, 0
		program specified minimum size: 100 by 100
WM_CLIENT_MACHINE(STRING) = "firefly"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "RobotLab_Unity"

["xwininfo-unity3d" (xwininfo-unity3d)]

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
          would like information by clicking the
          mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0x6200002 "RobotLab_Unity"

  Absolute upper-left X:  768
  Absolute upper-left Y:  312
  Relative upper-left X:  0
  Relative upper-left Y:  0
  Width: 1024
  Height: 768
  Depth: 24
  Visual: 0x21
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0x6200001 (not installed)
  Bit Gravity State: ForgetGravity
  Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Backing Store State: Always
  Save Under State: no
  Map State: IsViewable
  Override Redirect State: no
  Corners:  +768+312  -2688+312  -2688-360  +768-360
  -geometry 1024x768+768+312