List:       kwin
Subject:    Unity 3d ( The game engine, not the  ubuntu wm ) hides when use frameless setup
From:       Helio Chissini de Castro <helio () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-01-30 12:23:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello all

Our base system that is deployed in our touch table machines are KDE 4 with
Fedora system. We use basically only Qt Qml application, full screen spanned
on the dual screen setup, standard monitor and projection touch screen.
Recently we got required to run some applications built on Unity3D and i
stumbled on a specific issue only on kwin.

The Unity runtime player has few options to handle window,
one of then is -popupwindow

Situation is, despite been working fine on regular windowed mode, if we use
the popupwindow mode it creates a frameless window centered on screen which
simply hides itself when clicked with mouse or similar click iteraction (
touch table ), but application still runs on background.

The same result not happens on bare X window or any other compositor/window
manager.

I tried run kwin with several different flags, with software render, without
effects, and result is basically same.

Is anyone have some ideas on a possible solution or something that we can
report to unity developers ?

I'm in process to upload on google drive the test application, runnable on
linux machne.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5p5FI_UgF8banZZVlFMRC1iYVE&usp=sharing

[]'s

--