List:       kwin
Subject:    Hung GPU related to desktop switching?
From:       Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-05-30 12:49:53

Hi all,

I recently started to experience hung GPU and with that freezes which can only
be circumvented by restarting the system.

I finally figured out what is causing the problem: switching desktops. Every
time when it happens I was switching desktops, either through shortcuts or
through desktop grid effect. The switch succeeds I can see the then frozen
desktop change OSD.

Relevant part from Xorg log: http://paste.kde.org/753710/

if one has an idea why desktop switching could be related, please let me know.

Cheers
Martin