List:       kwin
Subject:    Interested in development of tiling functionality
From:       Michał_Siejak <michal () siejak ! pl>
Date:       2012-10-16 11:05:13

Hello,

I heard the news that tiling functionality is unmaintained and will be
removed from kwin for the upcoming 4.10 release of KDE. As I'm
preparing to migrate from Awesome WM to KDE tiling is a very important
feature to me. So in a true hacker spirit I'm interested in taking
over the development of tiling functionality and I have few questions
for you guys:

1. Is the decision to do tiling as KWin script rather than in core
final? I have zero experience with js/ECMAScript but plenty of
experience with C++. Will patches doing tiling in core be welcomed?
2. What is the state of current implementation? Is it salvageable or
already removed? Or should I better start from scratch?

Thank you for all your responses.
--
Michał Siejak