List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: KActivities::Info, KActivities::Controller & sync DBUS calls
From:       Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-08-18 12:32:43

Hi,

I'd really like the kactivities API to remain as simple as possible.
So, I'd really hate to see a KJob based thing there.

What can be possibly done (was thinking about it) is for the methods
like those , to use KSharedConfig instead of dbus calls - just
read-only stuff.

Signals, and writing would remain via d-bus.

> sorry for abusing you as hook on kactivities but there seems no mailing
> list.

No problem. active@ or kde-core-devel@ could also be fitting.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard