List:       kwin
Subject:    How should we handle the videos in the redesign of All Effects?
From:       Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas <terietor () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-25 6:14:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

we have already started to implement the redesing or All Effects.
You can find our initial work
here<http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=clones%2Fkde-workspace%2Ftsiapaliokas%2Fkwin_kcm_effects.git&a=summary>.
 Now we are working in the logic code
which will give us the video's url for each effect.

I can think of two solutions for this task
1. we can add the strings inside the kcm code

2. we can create a config file, in which every effect will write the url.
In order to do this I see two options
1.a. the code which will write into the config file can exist in the code
of the effect
2.b.the code which will write into the config file can exist in the code of
the

I think that its better to choose the config solution because 3rd party
effects will be able
to provide a url in the kcm, with the solution 1 this isn't possible.

Regards,
Giorgos

P.S.1: any feedback is more than welcome
P.S.2: we won't add a native video player inside the kcm but we will add a
button which will
open the video in the browser when the user clicks it.

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas (terietor)
KDE Developer

terietor.gr