List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: [GSoC] KWin colour management
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-22 21:49:54

Am 22.03.2012, 19:20 Uhr, schrieb Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@gmx.de>:

> I was tould by the graphics community to keep the X Color Management spec
> backward compatible with the ICC Profile in X spec, so we did. Thus old
> style applications see a sRGB profile through the ICC Profile in X spec,
> and they continue to work by converting to sRGB.

Sorry again, but does that actually mean that if I have a WG screen and an
application which does not support the opt-out protocol or bought into a
competing* system, it will be reduced to sRGB while the application and
the screen actually could do WG ... but the delete icon in dolphin looks
correct?

Next question: do you have approached the Wayland project on this?
In case, what do they say?

Cheers,
Thomas

*semi OT sidenote:
This is btw. sth. I do not like at all.
Xorg and fdo do not have the market share -esp. in that market- to afford
two competing color management systems.
I have no idea about the technical, conceptual and maybe religious
differences, but would suggest to iron that out by all means if you ever
want usable CM on this Architecture.