List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [GSoC] KWin colour management
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-20 20:17:31

Am 20.03.2012, 20:12 Uhr, schrieb Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin@kde.org>:

> A fully  color corrected compositor seems feasible to me
I'm atm. not even sure about that.

I might be utterly wrong, but my impression is that the xvidmode extension
can correct screens (eg. xcalib loads icc profiles), so a screen wide
color correcting compositor would be only required to fix multiscreen (not
multihead) setups which i frankly consider no case either, because a full
correction would just mean to restrict the WG screen to the SRGB one
(yesno?!), what doesn't much sound like a great achievement to me (and is
simply no case in at least the professional context. You don't purchase
_one_ WG screen to use it -restricted- alongside your SRGB screen, but
just purchase two WG screens and give away the SRGB one to one of your
employees at home or whatever)

Cheers,
Thomas