--===============3213673967535282485== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=20cf303a320b23bf5904ba306881 --20cf303a320b23bf5904ba306881 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, With https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104025/ there will be a lot more options in the "Task Switcher" configuration, and as Martin Gr=E4=DFlin put= it, "the user interface has to be changed, that is quite clear". However, as the UI isn't related to that particular patch, I suggest that we continue the discussion here. Martin also wrote that "For the settings I'm thinking of an approach like the mouse actions for Plasma Desktop. Using a button to "Add another restriction" or something like that. Would make the view much less cluttered." I was thinking along the same lines and agree that it would make the configuration less cluttered. However, I also think it makes it less straightforward and more complicated to the user, and therefore I would like to propose a different configuration system. Since the information in the task switcher is very similar to the one presented by Task Manager in Plasma, I believe it's a good idea to make the configurations similar. With this in mind I created the following mockup: http://hanswchen.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/kwinsettings.png (note that it isn't "pixel perfect"). Some notes: 1. I've put grouping as a separate option. This opens up the possibility to have e.g. "Group by tabbed window group" (or whatever it's called) in the UI. 2. I believe most options are binary, i.e., simply "yes" or "no", and therefore checkboxes are best. One exception is minimized windows - the user may want to show all windows, only minimized or all except minimize= d windows. That's what "Only show windows that are:" is for, but I'm not t= oo happy with how it is in the mockup. 3. It's not possible to set "Exclude windows from current screen" in my mockup - is there any use-case for this? (I'm a multiscreen user and can= 't imagine one.) 4. Some filter options can be disabled depending on other options, e.g. it doesn't make sense to only show windows from the current application = if you group windows by applications. The text etc. can probably be improved, it's the general structure that's important. I'm not subscribed to the list so I would appreciate if you could CC me the replies. With best regards, Hans Chen --20cf303a320b23bf5904ba306881 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,

[...]

  3. It's not possible to set "Exclude windows from current screen&= quot; in my mockup - is there any use-case for this? (I'm a multiscreen= user and can't imagine one.)

--20cf303a320b23bf5904ba306881-- --===============3213673967535282485== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ kwin mailing list kwin@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwin --===============3213673967535282485==--