List:       kwin
Subject:    q:  KWin Rules doc - Ignore global shortcuts/Block compositing
From:       Pablo Sanchez <pablo () blueoakdb ! com>
Date:       2012-02-28 3:01:14

Howdy,

Please let me know whether I should file a bug for the following or
its intended behavior.

If I create a rule and set `Ignore global shortcuts | Force | Yes',
/all/ global shortcuts are forever ignored.  Not just for the
qualifying window(s).

Similarly if I set `Appearances & Fixes | Block compositing | Force |
Yes', compositing is disabled system wide.

Is this by design?  These seem to be the only two window rules which
affect global settings.

Please advise.

I think it's time I went to bed.  :)  I'm oh so close to finishing the
core part of the documentation.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com