List:       kwin
Subject:    Looking for a Google Summer of Code Mentor
From:       heathmatlock <heathmatlock () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-05 22:39:54

I'm slowly working on a project dubbed Qanda which adds natural
language processing for krunner. I sent a request to the plasma-devel
and kde-devel mailing lists, but it seems a few people think this idea
might be something outside of the scope for a SOC project. I will
continue to work on the idea even if it's not accepted into GSOC, but
I do have two more ideas, one of which is for kwin: better tiling
support. I want behavior similar to what you would get in xmonad and
awesome.

Svuorela from #kde-soc lead me to this blog post:
http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2012/01/the-importance-of-mentoring/
At the very end of the article, Martin states, "Also this year I will
not mentor a project which would introduce a new area in KWin." I
think this idea falls within this statement. I'm in the US though, so
Martin wouldn't want to mentor me it seems, but is there anyone else
willing to be my mentor?

-- Heath Matlock
+1 256 274 4225