List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: RFC: Remove Opacity from Alt+F3 menu
From:       Solerman Kaplon <solerman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-08-19 13:58:42

Em 18-08-2011 14:20, Martin Gräßlin escreveu:
> * Opacity is not really useful as both foreground and background are modified (hard to read)
> and no blur behind

One thing I loved about compiz was that it has a per-pixel effect plugin. You
could pick for a window a certain color for it, and tell it to make that color
transparent. Then, the blur effect automatically made the transparent region
blured. For example, take Kate, choose the background editor color, turn into
70% transparent and blur it. No replacement for actual support in the
application/style of course.

Solerman