List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Re: GLES sources?
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-06-28 15:18:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 28 June 2011 16:56:29 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 13:11:46 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> > libgles and libegl from mesa3d.
> > Any recent distro should have them - unless you of course use debian ;-P
> >
> > -> http://www.mesa3d.org/opengles.html
> > -< http://www.mesa3d.org/egl.html
> >
> > Notice that this does NOT work with the binary nvidia (and likely fglrx)
> > drivers. (actually "GLES" as a sheer subset does of course, but EGL doesn't
> > -  no idea whether we could do an abstract on the egl code in kwin for
> > this purpose...)
> > For nvidia you'd require nouveau and nouveau-dri (what's afaik still not in
> > a  "productive" shape)
>
> I think I had asked Martin before, but that basically means that with:
>
> - free Radeon driver
> - free Intel driver
> - nouveau
>
> we stand a chance of getting to use GLES?
Yes, and I have successfully used GLES on all of these three drivers. Plus there are a few
proprietary drivers (though KWin compatibility is unknown).
> (If I can sort out some other bits,
> see my other email on this topic.)
For OpenSuse get in contact with Egbert Eich, he wanted to add gles packages to factory, so
there might be some obs project you can import. If you want to compile from sources try the
build howto on wayland.freedesktop.org - with that I was able to build from sources for the
first time ;-)

On Debian the packages you need to build are:
* libgles2-mesa-dev
* libegl1-mesa-dev
* libegl1-mesa-drivers (runtime)