List:       kwin
Subject:    Google Summer of Code
From:       José Expósito <jose.exposito89 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-25 12:04:45

Hi!

My name is José Expósito, and I'm a student of computer engineering.
I'm really interested in participate in the Google Summer of Code of
this year, and KWin is one of the projects that more interest me and I
would like to talk with mentor and with the KWin comunity before send
my "resume".

At present I'm the developer of two little projects, a small WM writen
in C++ with Qt and a gesture recognizer for manage windows and more, I
think that this video about it, using KWin, will clarify the concept
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ek4QaFQ1qo>

You can check the last version of the code of this proyects in the SVN
at official webpage:
https://code.google.com/p/eggwm/
https://code.google.com/p/touchegg/

I'm interested in all projects, specially "Modularization of
Workspace" and "Initial Support for Wayland Clients".
Of course I have experience with develop window managers, ICCM and
EWMH standards, testing under Xephyr, a little experience with OpenGL
(basic stuffs), etc

Any guide or documentation about this issues is welcome. For example,
description about what is exactly the "Workspace", in what modules
should be divided, information about developed under Wayland...

Thanks in advance, best regards!

PS - Other stuff, I don't know if KWin will accept others project that
aren't in the project list, but someone knows if KWin (or KDE) project
are interested in add multi-touch support for manage windows? I think
that I could be of use in this area