List:       kwin
Subject:    New branch for replacing virtuals by Signals&Slots
From:       Martin =?utf-8?q?Gr=C3=A4=C3=9Flin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-02-27 10:02:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

I started to work on getting the virtuals out of the Effects class. The idea
is to have the EffectsHandler(Impl) emitting signals whenever something
happens (like windowAdded) and the effects connect only to the signals they
are interested in.

I just pushed the current work so far as branch kwin/libkwineffects:
http://commits.kde.org/kde-workspace/30ffa188

I see here the following advantages:
* we can extend Effect class without breaking ABI
* Workspace and EffectsHandlerImpl are connected through signals and slots,
removing all those if (effects) effects->doSomething() calls
* we don't call all effects when something happens, but only the effects which
are actually interested in the event

What do you think about the idea?

Cheers
Martin