List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: New Shadow System
From:       Hugo Pereira Da Costa <hugo () oxygen-icons ! org>
Date:       2011-02-04 13:50:17

On Friday 04 February 2011 14:41:27 Fredrik Höglund wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 February 2011, Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
> > I think the plan is to have the *decoration* not the *style* set the
> > shadows. I think that answers all your questions above at once.
>
> If the decoration provides the shadows you don't need this new hint
> at at all. It doesn't make sense for KWin to use X properties to
> communicate with itself.

Well, on the other hand it does not make sense for the style to provide
shadows for the decorations. So I'm a bit at a loss here, I must say.

(and in fact, to some extend it does not make much sense either for the style
to write anything on the root window either: should this be done/overwritten
for every new app you start ?, including kwin itself, actually)