List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: New Shadow System
From:       Martin =?iso-8859-15?q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <kde () martin-graesslin ! com>
Date:       2011-01-31 16:41:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 31 January 2011 15:36:10 you wrote:
> On Sunday 30 January 2011 21:42:53 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > FYI: after some discussion with Hugo I updated the wiki page with a
> > slightly modified version. The shadow is now specified in one property
> > following the _NET_WM_ICON way and shadows for focused and unfocused
> > windows can be specified.
> >
> > Please have a look. I plan to implement it next weekend.
>
> Hello Martin,
>
> Some comments (or missunderstanding on my side).
>
> Apparently you now have two duplicated atoms:
>
> _KDE_NET_WM_SHADOW
> _KDE_NET_WM_SHADOW_FOCUSED
> _KDE_NET_WM_SHADOW_UNFOCUSED
> (the 3 8-sets of pixmaps passed for the 3 types of shadow)
>
> and
>
> _KDE_NET_WM_SHADOW, used to store the padding.
> Or did I miss something ?
no, the atoms have a different context. The first one is on root window, the
second one on the window to request that a shadow is shown. It's also extended
to not only include the padding, but also which shadow to use and whether
tiled or stretched.

> Also: should all three type of shadows have the same padding ?
> (my naive answer should be: they should not. So you would need 2 more
> properties)
Yes and no. Focused/Unfocused should have the same padding, while it does not
matter what's the padding of generic shadow. It's either focused/unfocused or
generic shadow which is used.

> Or did I miss something ?
Hope it's more clear now. If you want to add more context to it or rename
properties, feel free. You are the one who has to use it ;-)