List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Code Removal
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-29 14:42:42

Am 29.01.2011, 12:21 Uhr, schrieb Martin Gräßlin
<kde@martin-graesslin.com>:

> * snow effect
while not using this kinds off effects at all i foresee rumble on this.
maybe we should create a (some?) sidepackage in extragear with "relaxed"
release cycles and "usefulness" requirements
this way 3rd party effects would get better access to distros, kwin can
stop shipping pure eyecandy effects compiled in
and we can raise pace on those effects (add/change options, fix stuff etc.
- they're then just translated once every quarter
or half year, but hey: who cares ;-)

> * screenshot window/desktop in core
clearly +1
(@before mourns:
this is about a simply xwd clone bound to a shortcut in kwin, ie.
completely pointless.
ksnapshot is better and the code in kwin could be substituted by khotheys
+ xwd + IM convert.)

Thomas