On Wednesday 26 January 2011 21:35:15 Martin Gräßlin wrote: > Hi all, > > I have been gathering some ideas about how to do window shadows better in a > composited window manager and how to give control of the shadows to the > widget style. I wrote down my current ideas for (undecorated) windows in > [1]. The approach can easily be extended to support decorated windows > (active and inactive state). > > Please all have a look at it and provide some feedback. Feel free to > change/extend it to whatever you think. The idea is mostly based on > discussions with Hugo (Oxygen) with some ideas coming from a discussion > with Thomas (Bespin), but I would also love to have feedback from other > widget style developers like Christoph and Craig. > > Furthermore if you look at the proposal you will see some _KDE_NET_WM > hints. So I want to have this "upstreamed" after it is implemented. That's > why I cc- ed Sam to get some early feedback from the cross-wm front ;-) > Does the approach work for Compiz as well and does it make sense to go the > way through EWMH? > > Thanks to all making Shadows in 4.7 rock :-D > I'm all for it. In fact since oxygen already deals with shadow using some plasma-like code, the suggested solution is pretty easy. Only concern I have is how do I actually pass a QPixmap as a X property :) > Cheers > Martin > > [1] http://community.kde.org/KWin/Shadow _______________________________________________ kwin mailing list kwin@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwin