List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Code Removal
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-25 19:34:19

Am 25.01.2011, 20:06 Uhr, schrieb Martin Gräßlin
<kde@martin-graesslin.com>:
> On Tuesday 25 January 2011 19:54:18 you wrote:
>> Works fine here, and is the only reason I enable compositing. You can
>> disable by default, but without shadows, I have to look for a different
>> window manager.

> Writing new shadow code is the next thing I will do - already talked to
> Hugo and Thomas about requirements to get them better ;-) So it's just
> something like two/three weeks without shadow.

@Marting
I somehow prospected issues with a short note sounding like "we'll drop
shadows" =)

-> I dared to ffd our conversation to Christoph

@Christoph:
In the meantime and in general you should (esp. on XRender and if your
deco doesn't have built-in shadows) consider to use BeShadowed - really.