List:       kwin
Subject:    windowClass : where is that string defined ?
From:       Frederic Janssens <fjanss () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-28 13:14:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Where, by which way, and by whom is the windowClass string defined ?

It is accessible by

wmiface windowClass windowId

which I use.

(And also by

Right click on window bar
Special settings
Window
windowClass (application type)
)

It is the only way I have found to get the application name from the
windowId.
windowClass often contains the application name, but not always.
The content format/convention is inconsistent (very variable).
To have a consistent mapping, I whould have to build a table.
To build that table I need to know where it is defined, for all installed
applications.

Thanks.

--

Frederic