List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: activity sessions
From:       Chani <chanika () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-26 16:33:57

> thinking a bit more, maybe kwin could restore its activity associations by
> tracking the clientids - but due to the silly way xsmp is designed, if it
> wants to behave "well" after a crash (or other logout failure) it'd need to
> do some bookkeeping when an activity is about to close (but before it
> closes)... maybe such session bookkeeping is better off in ksmserver,
> maybe it'd be better to make ksmserver activity-aware after all... or
> maybe I should just ignore xsmp's lack of autosave :P

after digging in kwin a bit, I see it does more session stuff than I'd
realized.
and it turns out my ksmserver test doesn't remember the desktop of the okular
windows it closes...

can someone tell me more about kwin's involvement in sessions? it looks like
it'll have to be involved in the activity stuff after all... but, if it
handles things like what desktop a window was on, why do qt-only apps like
assistant always reopen on the current desktop?