List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Opposition to removing old KWin themes?
From:       Martin =?iso-8859-1?q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <kde () martin-graesslin ! com>
Date:       2010-08-02 19:18:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 22 July 2010 16:52:57 Markus Slopianka wrote:
> Hi.
> I'd like to remove some old KWin themes from the default SC 4.6 install,
I just realized I never mentioned my ideas for finding a better solution. It's
mostly based on an idea from Nuno: the decorations should tell what they
provide, e.g. Shadow, Translucancy, Tabbing.

So I would like to change our current list model into a tree model with the
categories as the parent elements. That way we could have a category "Legacy"
with BII in it, but also a category "Window Tabs" with BII in it. This would
make it possible to have a feature driven search as well. The categories could
be specified in the .desktop files with no entry is legacy.

Now to the implementation: I don't know when I find time for it and I must
admit that I can imagine nicer things for programming than writing a tree
model. So if anyone wants to work on it: feel free.

Oh and if it wasn't obvious: this is quite orthogonal to the removal of some
of the ugly and unmaintained decorations.

Martin