On Tuesday 16 March 2010 09:06:22 Thomas McGuire wrote: > Sometimes, using the term "Akonadi" can not entirely be avoided, and I'm > unsure what to do about it. For example, when KMail can not work because > Akonadi is not running, we have to tell the user in some way, like "The > Akonadi PIM framework is not running, bla bla.". > Another example: The mail import tool (still wrongly called KMailCVT) can > import mails into Akonadi, the mails can not just be used by KMail, but > also by other applications. Currently the introduction page there says > "This program will help you import your email [..] into Akonadi". Any > suggestion how to improve that? I'm quite sure normal users don't know > what "importing into Akonadi" means, but saying "importing into KMail" > would be plain wrong now. How about just "Import email" without target. Or "The way KDE stores email has changed. This program will help you to import [or: migrate to] your existing email into the new system (Akonadi)." That way primarily more descriptive terms are used, but the technology name is mentioned nevertheless for those who relate to it. Frank _______________________________________________ kwin mailing list kwin@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kwin