On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Nikhil Marathe wrote: > I will be having some extra time the week after next, so I'm hoping to > fix it up so that it can get into trunk before the October 24th > deadline. After discussing the current state of KWin trunk and branches with Martin we have come to the conclusion that the tiling branch merge will unfortunately have to be postponed until KDE 4.5. We would like the tabbing branch merged first and as it looks like that branch will be scraping it in near the hard feature freeze date it will not leave enough time left to ensure that the tiling features are of release quality. By the sound of things (I haven't actually read any code or even tried the branch myself) the branch is on track to be able to be merged as soon as the KDE 4.5 development window opens. This is the perfect time to merge as it will give us four entire months of unrestricted development time plus two more months of bug fixing to work out any usability issues/improvements that show themselves when tiling is used by a much larger user base. I hope this message has not negatively affected your enthusiasm as you've really been pumping out the commits the past few months. I'm looking forward to be able to do window tiling in KWin and personally cannot wait until KDE 4.5 development begins. =) -- Lucas Murray :: http://www.undefinedfire.com GPG Fingerprint: 0B88 499E 3F5B 1405 D952 258A AD90 B4F5 90B6 3534