List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: MyEffect configuration broken ind 4.2
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-01 12:09:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Cheers,

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 08:43:44 WuYongbo wrote:
> MyEffect is just an example kwin effect I used locally.
>
> when I try to configure it on Systemsettings --> Desktop Effects  --> All
>  Effects --> configuration menu of MyEffect, it failed to popup a
>  configuration dialog but a popup window with following warning:
>
> The service "MyEffect Desktop" does not provide an interface 'KCModule'
>  with keyword 'myeffect'
>  The factory does not support creating components of the specified type.
>
>  Possible Reasons:
>    * An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned
>  control module.* *  You have old third part module lying around.*

Did you add a configuration UI to it? It thinks you did, but cannot find it. Look at
the other plugins for how to do that properly. Some effects have more detailed
configurations, some don't so you should be able to find good examples.

If you still cannot find out what's going wrong, attaching your code will help make
it easier to spot what's going wrong.

Cheers,
--
sebas