List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/effects/slideback
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2009-06-01 13:11:09

 Let's move this to the kwin list.

On Tuesday 26 of May 2009, Fredrik Höglund wrote:
> On Monday 25 May 2009, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 of May 2009, Michael Zanetti wrote:
> > > The problem is that if I use the PaintClipper in paintWindow() it
> > > doesn't affect the decorations. It did work in 4.2 though...
> >
> >  Fredrik: This is a case of when we talked on IRC about why there should
> > (not) be PAINT_DECORATION_ONLY, right?
>
> Actually I think the problem is that we don't use the window shape as
> the clip region anymore when we paint the decoration.

 This is not only about window shape. Any effect can set up additional
clipping using PaintClipper which will affect all following effects.

 I'm not sure sure how the decoration working is done now, but basically
decoration needs to be painted at the same time and using the same settings
like the window contents.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer