List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Bugzilla priorities
From:       "Lucas Murray" <lmurray () undefinedfire ! com>
Date:       2008-12-19 2:34:08

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2008 15:22:43 Lubos Lunak wrote:
>> HI - important, should be ideally fixed for next release (meaning 4.2.0
>> now, 4.3.0 after 4.2 is out, etc.)
>
> Hm, not 4.2.1 after 4.2.0 is out, or in more general "the next release"?

I would consider it to be whatever release the code can be added for.
As 4.2 is in freeze any HI reports that do not meet freeze
requirements (Visual changes, large code changes, etc.) will be for
4.3.

With that being said due to our current proximity to 4.2 RC1 I think
there should be a priority raise for 4.2 due to lack of time. Any bugs
that are required for 4.2 should be VHI and anything for 4.3 should be
HI.

So:

- Before beta 2: HI = next major release, VHI = now
- After beta 2: Hi = next major release (If time permits) or one
after, VHI = next major release (Which is pretty much "now" anyway)

By this late in a release cycle any originally HI bugs that could not
be fixed in time should be considered for a priority change, sometimes
they are not really that important so they can slip into the next
release if needed, and thus remain HI, while the ones that really need
to be fixed are changed to VHI.