List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Feature: windows 7-snap to region management gestures
From:       "Lucas Murray" <lmurray () undefinedfire ! com>
Date:       2008-11-24 3:02:45

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Jud Craft <craftjml@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone seen the Windows 7 demo videos with the fancy new panel and whatnot?
>
> One of the very interesting features are the improved window
> management gestures.  In particular,
>
> 1.  Dragging a window to the top of the screen maximizes it (not sure
> but what KWin might have this feature/or perhaps some other Linux
> window manager), and dragging away unmaximizes it.

I actually sometimes want to move a window to the top of the screen so
I can keep it up and read the window behind it. If it is added it
needs a setting.

> 2.  Dragging a window to the sides of the screen will dock that
> window, maximizing it to one-half of the screen-width.  This allows
> you to quick set two windows side-by-side.

A similar feature was added to the KWin tiling branch even before that
video was released, just instead of dragging you hit a shortcut on the
keyboard (Alt+A). If anyone wants to continue the tiling branch they
can add the drag shortcuts but once again it needs a setting.