List:       kwin
Subject:    clientArea crash
From:       "Guillaume Pothier" <gpothier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-17 19:40:02

Hi, I'm starting to chase down the famous bug #173017, where kwin
crashes in Workspace::clientArea. In the scenario I'm currently
investigating, the screen argument is -1, which is checked and
replaced by activeScreen() (around geometry.cpp:232). However,
activeScreen() also returns -1, hence the crash. The reason
activeScreen() returns -1 is that the active_screen field is -1, and
it is set to -1 in Workspace::takeActivity() (around
activation.cpp:375). And this happens because a client has -1 as its
screen. Is that a legal value for a client to have? What should be
checked here?
Cheers,