List:       kwin
Subject:    Responding to shortcut release
From:       "David Nadlinger" <david.nadlinger () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2008-11-08 22:32:19

I'm currently working on a small but in my opinion valuable
enhancement to Present Windows: an option to return from the effect
when the user releases the associated key shortcut (like if they had
pressed the mouse button). I have really come to like this "feature"
in compiz because it allows for faster window switching, especially
when using a touchpad.

However, I am lacking a way to react to the release of a KAction
globalShortcut. The only thing I could come up with is an ugly
workaround, which is not even fully functional:
http://gist.github.com/23091. Are there any smarter ways to archive
this?

P.S.: I just noticed that my coding style does not quite fit, I'll correct that.