List:       kwin
Subject:    Getting Involved
From:       "David Nadlinger" <david.nadlinger () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-05 15:26:28

Hello,

I'd really like to contribute to the development of KWin in an effort
to bring it at least on par with compiz (concerning performance as
well es effects) and fix some shortcomings which really annoy me.
However, I have no experience with KDE development so far.

What's the best way to get started? I guess I should build and install
the whole KDE from SVN. Or is recompiling KWin sufficient if I'm just
going to mess around with the compositing code a bit? I am asking
because I can't get kdepimlibs to compile due to some build errors in
kdepimlibs (undefined references to various Qt and KDE classes in
KCMKResources)...

Thanks a lot,
David