List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Spam filter
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-09-10 12:36:48

On Tuesday 09 of September 2008, Rivo Laks wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can we please get some sort of spam filter on kwin mailing list??

 You mean you don't get spam from elsewhere? Lucky you.

> I'm really fed up with receiving ~15 spam mails every other day.

 I assume you don't mean spam but the spam bounces. The list actually has a
spam filter, but mail bounces are not caught. I have my inbox full of these
too, and the local anti-spam system doesn't catch them :(.

 I haven't found any setting in the mailman setting for making the kwin list
discard bounces :-/. Now that we have bugzilla3.x, I can again switch the
bugreport owners from kwin@kde.org to kwin-bugs@kde.org, so the mails won't
be sent to the list anymore. That'll allow turning off accepting mail from
people who are not subscribed and should catch the bounces and keep them in
the queue for review. I don't know what else I could do.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer