List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Perspective Projection
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-07-31 14:35:58

On Thursday 24 of July 2008, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> Now we can translate and rotate the screen with ScreenPaintData. You can
> define exactly one rotation and there is a new class for it:
> I already ported cube effect to use this RotationData, so you can take a
> look at it to see how to use the rotation. It was quite some work to get
> cube working again. Now I know how Plasma devs must have felt in April ;-)
>
> Lubos what do you think?

 The comment about swapping top and bottom to make OpenGL coords match X has
to stay there, in whichever form. Also, after changing binary compatibility
it is necessary to change the API version in kwineffects.h.

 Otherwise, I cannot quite judge the usefulness of this, but if you find it
useful, ok.

> Can it go into trunk or should I use a branch first and merge later on?

 This is rather trivial, so I don't see the need for a branch. I was talking
about a branch when doing something that could have larger impact, such as
using transformation matrix.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer