this matches the bug 154969 and site http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=43814 site

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Bráulio Barros de Oliveira <brauliobo@gmail.com> wrote:
for compiz I had to run it as:
$ LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true compiz --replace --indirect-rendering

as running 'compiz --replace' I get:
ompiz (core) - Fatal: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing
compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0

maybe the problem has something to do with this.
bráulio