for compiz I had to run it as: $ LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true compiz --replace --indirect-rendering as running 'compiz --replace' I get: ompiz (core) - Fatal: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0 compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0 maybe the problem has something to do with this. bráulio On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Bráulio Barros de Oliveira < brauliobo@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear kwin people, > > I can't get kwin's (last svn version) desktop effects to work on a dell > m1330 with a intel video card... > Every window get a strange color and I have to revert settings > Also get some GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest on kwin's output when desktop > effects is enabled. > Xorg log attached > > Regards, > bráulio >