List:       kwin
Subject:    Xinerama-specific window decorations
From:       "Thomi Richards" <thomir () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-30 12:05:53

Hi,

I'm interested in Multi-monitor specific window decorations. Some
other operating systems have the ability to add widgets to the title
bars of your windows that allow you to do things like "Move window to
next monitor" and "Maximise over all monitors" etc.

I'm pretty sure we don't currently have anything like this in Linux.
My question is, how hard would this be to implement? I'm a competent
programmer, but I've never touched any X11 stuff. I guess this would
be a fairly large change, since window manager themes would have to
support the new widgets...

If anyone's able to give me an estimate of whether or not this is
achievable, that'd be great. Of course, it's possible that this
functionality already exists, and I've missed it somewhere.

Cheers,