List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Window Decoration colors in the color kcm
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-03-22 10:38:25

On Friday 21 of March 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Friday 21 of March 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > (btw, is this how the kwin kcms work?)
>
>  I'm not sure I get what you're asking exactly, but I guess the answer is
> no. The decorations kcm uses the libkdecoration library to load and show
> decorations and has its own code for reading/writing kwin's config. I think
> this dbus call is much simpler for the colors kcm rather than duplicating
> the kwinrc reading and querying the current decoration itself. I'll commit
> it.

 Actually, after a second thought, colors kcm currently doesn't have
decorations in the preview, only widgets. If it were to show them in the
preview too, then it'd have to handle them directly like decorations kcm, and
then the dbus call could be removed. But I'll keep it at least to make it
simpler for the kcm now to add the new colors.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer