List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: WobblyEffect update
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-03-20 17:06:15

On Saturday 15 of March 2008, cedric wrote:
> what will be nice to have but not mandatory :
>
> - maximise effect, I take a look in the Effect class, it has a (un)minimise
> virtual function but not a (un)maximise one.

 Yes, I know. I wanted to do an effect for maximizing once as well, but
maximize has the problem that the window changes geometry and repaints
somewhere in the process, and after realizing this complicates things I put
that off.

> - interaction with edge attraction.

 Will just stackingOrder() and the geometry functions be enough from the API
side of things?

> I can add it to svn now if you think it is usefull enough, but I don't feel
> it should be enabled by default at least until I fixed the 2 main points.

 Things don't have necessarily have to be useful already at the point they're
added to SVN :) , e.g. the revision history can be useful when looking for
bugs introduced "somewhen". There is a reason why SVN trunk is called
development version.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer