List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: TwinView trouble with cover/flip switch
From:       Martin Graesslin <ubuntu () martin-graesslin ! com>
Date:       2008-03-19 12:47:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Am Tuesday, 18. März 2008 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> On Thursday 13 of March 2008, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as you probably have seen in the bug report cover- and flipswitch do not
> > work properly with TwinView ;-) So I took a look at it and for one thing
> > I found that I should use effects->clientArea(...) to get the desktop
> > geometry. But this does not solve the problem as glFrustum nevertheless
> > uses both screens. So my idea is to use glViewport to limit glFrustum to
> > the area returned by clientArea(). As far as I have tested (two screens
> > left and right, same resolution) this works very well. So I wanted to
> > know if it is OK to use glViewport or if there is a better way or even
> > some negative side effects when using glViewport?
>
>  No idea, but if it works, I think it's ok.
good. I just finished the testing and well I never want to do anything with
TwinView again ;-)

I only tested with NVIDIA TwinView so I don't know how it works with normal
xinerama, but I think there should not be any difference.

I had to do some ugly hacks to get it working with screens positioned above
each other and for different resolutions. I decided that when different
resolutions are used, the effect will only be shown on the "bigger" screen.

So I tested:
Primary on left, right, above and below both with same resolution and
different resolution. Everything is working as it should ;-)

So here's the code. If there is not any big issue with it, I will commit it.

["coverswitch.diff.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]
["flipswitch.diff.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]