List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: physics-based animator
From:       Sebastian Kuegler <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-03-17 11:30:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 17 March 2008 12:16:02 Louai Al-Khanji wrote:
> I thought about this last week as well. The idea I had was a class
> where you can give the start and target values and duration. You could
> then specify a curve type (linear, exponential, etc.) and specify some
> parameters that affect the curve shape.
>
> Just an idea, I might even do something with it.

Good idea. :)

For KWin effects, the easiest way to integrate such a thing would be to have a
method "valueAtTime()" like QTimeLine has it. Then we can probably port most
effects rather easily. Right now, all animation progress is based on a single
double, which is then used to calculate position, size and so on.

I'd love to see such a class that can then be extended with all kinds of curve
types, it can probably also be used for plasma, although with a signal-based
interface.
--
sebas