List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Restarting Kwin
From:       Rivo Laks <rivolaks () hot ! ee>
Date:       2008-03-07 14:45:34

Ühel kenal päeval (reede, 7. märts 2008) kirjutas Level 1:
> Hi guys, I'm trying to program a few kwin effects, but I'm getting
> frustrated because there seems to be no way to restart kwin (so my changes
> take effect) without it crashing or becoming unusable.  kwin --replace
> doesn't seem to work.  How do I restart kwin?

Hi

kwin --replace   should usually work. I remember blur effect having some
problems with kwin restarting at some point, does it help if you disable
blur?
Alternatively, you can try running something like this in konsole:
killall kwin; sleep 3; kwin

> Incidentally, I have a complete wobbly windows plugin.

Sorry to inform you, but wobbly effect is already being worked on by Cedric.
It's not in svn yet but you can find patches in his mails to this list. I
hope you can collaborate somehow...

And another popular compiz effect that we don't have yet is cube ;-)

Rivo