List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: wobbly effect
From:       cedric <cedric.borgese () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-21 18:26:37

On Thursday 21 February 2008 16:14:03 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 schrieb cedric:
> > I upload an update, changelog are :
> >
> > - added a configuration dialog
> > - code is refactored
> >
> > these changes should not introduce any new regression.
>
> I just tested your effect. It's awesome :-D Really great work. But I don't
> know what the config options mean... I think we need some tool tips.

yes, I know that the option are really criptic currently.. I plan to improve t
hat part, but it is a low priority item for me.

> Any chance, that we have wobbly windows when moving a window in Desktop
> Grid?
>
> I noticed when moving a window with enabled active borders to another
> desktop the effect does not look very nice. The window stays in a state
> with distorted geometry as long as the window is moved. Perhaps you have to
> restart the effect when the desktop is changed?

2 new bugs spotted ! thanks for testing.

> Do you use some blending? The window borders are a little bit aliased. I
> noticed it when moving a window above a white background. Perhaps there can
> be something improved ;-)

It may be better if you use transparent decorations.
Currently, I don't plan to implement anti aliasing (I don't ever know how to d
o that...)
Of course, patches are always welcome ;)

> Hope this effect will be ready for 4.1.

they are still many things to do, and my time is limited, I'll try my best to
have a working version for 4.1 but I cannot garantee it.