List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: wobbly effect
From:       cedric <cedric.borgese () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-10 12:12:55

hey, the last path I sent was completly broken and nobody complained... in
fact it was the same that the first one that I sent to the list...

Ok this new patch SHOULD work, if not, please send me a mail and tell me what
is broken for you.

What is missing :

- configuration dialog (I'm working on a basic one)
- there is a little bug when the effect "finishes", the window is not exactly
at its final position.
- the shadow under the window is not transformed, It shoud us the same vertex
array as the window.
- I need to implements a little helper function in kwineffects.cpp to create a
tesselation of the rigth size, with makeGrid(), width and height cannot be
independents.

Problems I encouter :

- When I run kwin in an empty X for testing purpose, if I use a kDebug outup
too many time I deadlock kwin :/ you can find a coment in the code of a kDebug
output I disabled because I get too many deadlock with it (line 121).
To reproduce, enable it, start a new X with only an xterm, start kwin, press
the mouse button on the window title, wait 5 seconds => deadlock in kDebug....

- If you want to play with the parameters of the model, be carefull, bad
parameters (usually too big values) may broke the effect (you get nan value)

["kwin.tar.bz2" (application/x-bzip-compressed-tar)]