List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: State of Reverse-Cycling through windows
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-12-28 21:06:52

On 28.12.07 22:53:21, Rivo Laks wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval (reede 28 detsember 2007) kirjutas Andreas Pakulat:
> > currently the default shortcut for is Alt+Shift+Tab, apparently thats
> > not the key sequence that Qt4 creates when pressing those keys. At least
> > on some systems the Qt KeySequence is Alt+Shift+Backtab. I'd like to
> > know wether anybody here knows if thats really limited to a number of
> > systems/setups or an issue thats possibly affecting all users?
> >
> > The release is getting pretty close and I think it may be better to show
> > a little bit strange shortcut in the shortcut config dialog than having
> > no reverse-cycling in a default install at all. So if this really
> > affects most/all users I think the default shortcut sequence should be
> > changed to Alt+Shift+Backtab in kwinbindings.cpp.
> >
> > Or what do the kwin devs think?
>
> Changing Qt::ALT+Qt::SHIFT+Qt::Key_Tab  to  Qt::ALT+Qt::SHIFT+Qt::Key_Backtab
> in kwinbinding.cpp, line 54 indeed helps here, although only after deleting
> previous config files.
>
> Personally I'm for changing it.

Just in case thats not obvious: Unless there are systems where Qt4.3 still
creates Shift+Alt+Tab, the only drawback of changing this is a "huh?" by
the "normal" users when going to the configuration editor. Backtab is
probably not really known and it might not be easy to guess its the same
key on the keyboard as Tab.

Andreas

--
Go to a movie tonight.  Darkness becomes you.